General Dynamics Mission Systems – Viz
Systems Engineer II
Pittsburgh, PA | April 2022 – Present
- Developing new enterprise software architecture for new ground and space communication systems by using current open architecture standards as well as levying cutting edge inter-satellite communication technology
- Improved productivity by 150% by initializing DevSecOps practices which led to decreased development overhead as well as increased customer trust and satisfaction.
- Reduced engineering risk by 90% by applying model-based system engineering to enterprise programs which led to standardization of practices across GDMS.
- Increased fidelity of enterprise functional and logical architectures by 120% by managing architecture activities which led to easier ramp up for other system engineers on new programs.
Software Engineer I, II
Pittsburgh, PA | January 2021 – March 2022
- Improved productivity by 150% by initializing DevSecOps practices which led to decreased development overhead and established general guidance for incoming developers.
- Developed modular and distributed training software for D.o.D. customer using Java Spring Boot and TypeScript stack which led to contract bonus and improved customer relations.
Software Engineering Intern
Pittsburgh, PA | June 2019 – December 2019
- Trained and implemented various agile frameworks within software development teams using software like Jira which led to improved customer satisfaction and trust.
- Decreased development overhead by 30% by designing modular Java Spring Boot and TypeScript stack which led to easier startup for new enterprise programs.
CMU CyLab Security & Privacy Institute
Pittsburgh, PA | May 2020 – July 2021
- Performed research that concluded misinformation spread is increasing over time and developed insight on how to identify misinformation which was included in the Ph. D. thesis of mentor Sruti Bhagavatula.
- Developed machine learning models in Python using scikit-learn with 98% accuracy to classify articles spreading misinformation by using differential analysis and natural language processing.
Stanford, CA | March 2020 – July 2021
EdTech start-up, recipient of First Act Fund grant, developing AI to systemize parts of the $47B/year private tutoring market.
- Reached 350 customers and 15 countries by designing a data analysis stack to enable machine learning techniques.
- Advised team on cutting-edge machine learning and natural language processing tools to build a robust product offering.
Team SMAK, LLC
Co-Founder, Vice President, COO
Pittsburgh, PA | October 2019 – Present
- Manage day-to-day business operations relating to community outreach and tournament contracts.
- Organized 10+ tournament events for the local Pittsburgh community and East Coast online community as well as 4 regional events with prize pots of at least $250 amassing over 150 entrants each.
Machine Learning Expert
Pittsburgh, PA | October 2019 – December 2020
Cutting edge hockey analytics aiding teams and agencies in better decision-making and pushing the NHL into the data age.
- Designed, developed, and deployed proprietary machine learning models to improve NHL player value analysis which led to more accurate player contract structures and newer, more modern salary bonus structures.
- Aided 4 sport agencies’ contract and trade negotiation processes by supplying statistical analyses to value players leading to high-impact trades and contract signings.
Buchanan & Edwards
Arlington/Chantilly, VA | May – August 2018
- Designed a secure and efficient blockchain model for contract closures between parties which allowed either party the ability to decline transactions while maintaining original blockchain structure.
- Decreased engineering risk by 75% by applying theory of zero-knowledge proofs to software design and architecture.
- Managed interns and provide thought and technical leadership on projects related to a central attribute management system for user identification, authentication, and authorization; and facial recognition to aid in identifying micro-expressions from still images and video feeds.
Project Management Intern
Louisville, KY | May – August 2017
- Designed business logic for UI database platform to manage science fair project entries which led to increased performance of the overall system.
- Improved backend of science fair project database by increasing efficiency by 200%, decreasing latency by 500%, and decreasing storage by 150%.
- Mentor for Empowered: non-profit bringing computer science and entrepreneurship to minority girls; taught HTML, CSS, and Python scripting to create a website for the local school district.
Software Engineer Intern
Louisville, KY | May – August 2016
- Implemented optimal search algorithms which led to 200% increase in data validation accuracy and 150% decrease in data automation time and space to decrease maintenance costs.
User Interface Design Lead
Louisville, KY | November 2014 – February 2015
- Created a modern UI for remote worker tracking application.